Saturday, October 14, 2006

Leaving Shores


I met naivete today.
It was dressed in T shirt and Jeans.
I met hope today.
It had no problem...
letting me see it smile like beans.

But I was not to be fooled so easily.
I was up in defence fast.
Who cares for a little naivete.
When world goes flying past.


And as for miss hope.
It best be not mistaken.
The world loves its dope.
But carries on unshaken.

So they both smiled,
and did their easygoing number
but my better sense did not let me be taken,
and ignored the faux-classiness monger

But neither naivete nor did hope
take any note
Of the ignore aside.
And continued being themselves
All despite.

Oh my god they laughed
at themselves
And even took their own clothes off

In a slow turn of irony
it was my pate
i found hanging
Like a ha'penny frock

I finally left a comfort
I had for long shores not dared depart...
Weren't those two really just me?
Give-or-take a few years apart!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?